Frank Quintero, Jr., managing shareholder of Quintero Broche, P.A., primarily concentrates his practice in the areas of white-collar, corporate, healthcare fraud, and complex criminal defense cases. Mr. Quintero has consistently been recognized as one of Florida and the Nation’s Top Criminal Defense Attorneys, and has over thirty (30) years’ experience in litigation.
Mr. Quintero was born in Cuba and raised in Miami, Florida. Mr. Quintero graduated from Belen Jesuit Preparatory School in Miami, Florida in 1976. Mr. Quintero went on to earn his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Miami in 1979 and his Juris Doctorate degree from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois in 1983. During his time as a student at The John Marshall Law School, Mr. Quintero has the distinction of being the only Hispanic student to ever be elected and serve as vice-president of the Law School, in the University’s over century year old history. Since his admission to the Illinois State Bar (1983) and the Florida Bar (1984), Mr. Quintero has handled numerous high profile complex Federal and State cases ranging from drug offenses to multi-million dollar health care fraud cases.
Mr. Quintero’s more recent successes include the following: obtaining an acquittal after a jury trial in United States v. Angel Rodriguez, where the defendant was charged with multiple healthcare fraud related offenses; in United States v. Lazaro Collazo (the Biogenesis Federal prosecution), Mr. Quintero secured a dismissal of the Indictment by the Government and the filing of misdemeanor charges against his client resulting in the imposition of a probationary sentence; obtaining a complete dismissal of the Indictment against the defendant in United States v. Joao Malago in a multi-agency drug and money-laundering prosecution; in United States v. Keilen Fife, Mr. Quintero obtained a probationary sentence for a defendant involved in a multi-million dollar Medicare fraud prosecution; securing a below-guidelines sentence in United States v. Crawford, amounting to an over 60% downward departure/variance, for a defendant enhanced under the Career Criminal Offender statute; attaining a complete retraction from the City of Miami Commission in connection with their filing of a resolution naming Mr. Quintero’s client as “persona non-grata;” and obtaining a substantial settlement on behalf of a client against one of the Nation’s largest financial institutions in connection with a development dispute.
Mr. Quintero, with more than three decades of experience as a high profile criminal defense attorney has been consistently honored as one of the Top Criminal Defense Attorneys in Florida and the Nation. Through his time practicing law, Mr. Quintero has been recognized as an outstanding criminal defense attorney from some of the most prominent publications. Specifically, Mr. Quintero has been recognized by “Super Lawyer,” as a Top Criminal Defense Attorney in Florida for three (3) consecutive years; an honor only approximately 5% of attorneys in Florida achieve. Mr. Quintero has been AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, for over ten (10) consecutive years. Named a Top Attorney in Florida by the joint publication of The Wall Street Journal and Miami Magazine in 2012. Additionally, Mr. Quintero recently received a Top Ten National ranking from the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
- J. D., The John Marshall Law School, 1983 Chicago, Illinois
- B. A., University of Miami, 1979 Coral Gables, Florida
- Belen Jesuit Preparatory School Miami, Florida
STATE BAR ADMISSIONS
FEDERAL COURT ADMISSION
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals:
- Eleventh Circuit, Fourth Circuit, and Second Circuit.
- United States District Courts:
- Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, Western District of Texas, and Northern District of Illinois.
- “Super Lawyer,” Florida Super Lawyers, as a top Criminal Defense Attorney in Florida, 2012 – 2014
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, for 10 consecutive years, 2003 – 2014
- Top Attorneys in Florida, 2012
- Top Attorney in Florida, Top Attorney in Florida in Criminal Defense”, 2012
- The Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rating for both ethical standards and legal ability, 2002
- Named “Top Attorney in Florida” by The Wall Street Journal and Miami Magazine, 2012
- Top Ten Ranking from the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2015
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Board of Directors, 1988-1990
- Hialeah-Miami Springs Bar Association
- President, 1986 –1987
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Dade County Bar Association (DCBA)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- University of Miami, School of Law
- Guest Lecturer for Professor Howard Srebnick; Fees and Money Laundering
- Thomas University, School of Law
- Guest Lecturer for Professor Jessica Fonseca-Nader Federal Civil Procedure and Discovery; Fees and Money Laundering
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Guest Lecturer; Criminal Liability in the Representation of Clients
- International Pharmacist Association
- Guest Lecturer; Privacy Issues for Patients with AIDS/ HIV